<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Info

About Me
Agent

Publicist

Subscribe: RSS for blog RSS for comments

Facebook icon and link Twitter icon and link Flickr icon and link Qik icon and link Dopplr icon and link
MySpace icon and link MyBlogLog icon and link Technorati icon and link Tumblr icon and link Blogger icon and link

friend me on Facebook
follow me on Twitter
view my photos on Flickr
watch my videos on Qik
find me on Dopplr
join my MySpace
check my MyBlogLog
my Technorati profile
view my Tumblr
my Blogger profile
Blog RSS feed
Comments RSS feed

Recent posts

Toys
Approach
Facts*
Gel
Reload
Opportunity
Dating
Event
Holloway
Body



Places to shop and visit

My Top 10 Toys - Women
My Top 10 Toys - Men
My Top 10 Toys - Couples
Fleshlight UK
Condoms
Durex's Ora!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Five 


Today is the five-year anniversary of this blog. Happy birthday to me. I was considering ‘celebrating’ today with a New Year’s-type post about all that I’ve learned in 2008; or about the personal struggles I have had to contend with; or with news about the book and other things, but somehow it just feels trite to summarize the aspects of my life over the past year that have had a huge impact on me. Let’s just conclude that I am busy, up-and-down, and hopeful for what 2009 might bring. (And if you want to keep up with my boring day-to-day moaning you can always follow me on Twitter.)

I am in the midst of writing another, much longer, post about casual sex, which I’ll be putting up here shortly, but in the meantime, and with a certain New Year’s reflectiveness, I thought I would briefly mention something I just had a quiet realisation about. It’s of no importance (or interest, even) to anyone else, but for me it feels like some kind of ironic serendipity and perhaps even mildly profound, so I wanted to note it down here.

All the men whom I’ve met in the last couple of years and become intimate with and have cared about I met solely through this blog. If it weren’t for my writing it, I wouldn’t be lucky enough to count amongst my close friends a small handful of men who’ve touched me. And yes, I do mean that literally. I can honestly say that I never expected the blog to impact my personal life in positive ways at all and I am very pleased it has. So with this fifth blog-birthday, I guess I want to express how thankful I am for the happiness it has given me, and that I'm looking forward to how it might influence particular aspects of my life in this new year…

designed by one man