<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Info

About Me
Agent

Publicist

Subscribe: RSS for blog RSS for comments

Facebook icon and link Twitter icon and link Flickr icon and link Qik icon and link Dopplr icon and link
MySpace icon and link MyBlogLog icon and link Technorati icon and link Tumblr icon and link Blogger icon and link

friend me on Facebook
follow me on Twitter
view my photos on Flickr
watch my videos on Qik
find me on Dopplr
join my MySpace
check my MyBlogLog
my Technorati profile
view my Tumblr
my Blogger profile
Blog RSS feed
Comments RSS feed

Recent posts

Facts*
Gel
Reload
Opportunity
Dating
Event
Holloway
Body
Look
Projections



Places to shop and visit

My Top 10 Toys - Women
My Top 10 Toys - Men
My Top 10 Toys - Couples
Fleshlight UK
Condoms
Durex's Ora!

Friday, December 05, 2008

Approach 


Apparently – and I'm not sure when this happened: maybe I'm out of the loop, somewhat – it has now become acceptable for someone to say "You look up for it!" when they are chatting you up, with no hint of irony, sarcasm or humour whilst doing so.

"Really?" I said, taking a physical step back from the man who decided to use that line on me last night and who had manoeuvered himself to the point where I could smell his (bad) breath, eg. less than one foot away from me. Too close, clearly, and certainly when you've been speaking with someone for less than a minute, invading their personal, physical space immediately is not the best way to make a good impression.

"Yes, really," he continued, "you do."

The first thought that came to my mind was, 'But I'm wearing a modest dress and a long cardigan, how can that be perceived as being "up for it"?'. My second thought was, 'It shouldn't matter what I'm wearing: you can't judge someone's sexual intent purely based on their sartorial choices (unless it's true that all guys showing man cleavage are trying to get laid?)'. My final thought was, 'I've not flirted with this guy in the slightest; I've given him no hints that I am interested in him sexually, or otherwise; the nametag pinned to my dress says "Zoe", not "Hi, I'm feeling really horny right now, how about you show me some hot cock action?" Basically, how fucking dare he be so rude?'

"Is that so?" I replied. "That's a bit presumptuous of you, don't you think?"

"Well, I'm a man: what do you expect?"

For you not to be a dickhead, that's what, is what I wanted to say. I sighed, loudly. "Yes, and I'm a woman. Your point is?"

"We all have needs" he said, grinning, and took another step towards me.

"Yes, well I need to go over there" I retorted, and headed as far away from him as I could, muttering
'Wanker!' under my breath as I walked away.

Clueless fucker. But, you know, I'm really not that challenging to approach and chat with. If that bloke had just introduced himself and then asked, "Angel or Spike?" he would have been right in there. Take note, fellas.

designed by one man