<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Info

About Me
Agent

Publicist

Subscribe: RSS for blog RSS for comments

Facebook icon and link Twitter icon and link Flickr icon and link Qik icon and link Dopplr icon and link
MySpace icon and link MyBlogLog icon and link Technorati icon and link Tumblr icon and link Blogger icon and link

friend me on Facebook
follow me on Twitter
view my photos on Flickr
watch my videos on Qik
find me on Dopplr
join my MySpace
check my MyBlogLog
my Technorati profile
view my Tumblr
my Blogger profile
Blog RSS feed
Comments RSS feed

Recent posts

Flash
Bush
Question
Symptoms
Longing
Bitchy
Remember
Shaggy Blog
The New Yorker
Hotel II



Places to shop and visit

My Top 10 Toys - Women
My Top 10 Toys - Men
My Top 10 Toys - Couples
Fleshlight UK
Condoms
Durex's Ora!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Toys 

"I think I'm bored of wanking," I moaned to my friend a while back. "Is it possible that I'm becoming desensitised to it because I am doing it too often?"

There was silence on the other end of the 'phone. I think he knew best not to comment on either the frequency of my masturbatory habits, or the effect of such regularity. But there was a reason for my touching upon (as it were) the subject: I was seriously concerned that my wanking was becoming a chore.

When it comes to sexual pleasure, I like decent climaxes, not rushed, unimpressive, bashed-out orgasms. Thus I tend to pursue quality over quantity, and only occasionally force myself to have a barely-worth-writing-home-about frig: a Bully Wank. The reason then, for my increasingly recurrent masturbation regime wasn't because I was desperately gagging for a shag (no more than normal, anyway) or for lots of orgasms. Rather, it was because I had been sent a huge box of sex toys from Lovehoney, and asked to recommend five of them, so I found myself, (like you do), preoccupied with constant climaxing. It was work, you see. At least that's what I told myself, as I covered yet another vibrator in heated lube and lay back thinking of England...

Because I believed every toy should get a fair try, I thought I should use each one at least three times, to be able to get a good feel for it. (You never know, the first two orgasms may have just been flukes.) So given I had ten toys to dabble with, that was a lot of play-time. I was, quite literally, forcing myself to frig at least three or four times daily to be able to make a fair and valid choice about which toy pleasured me the most, and all this playing really began to bore me. Another orgasm? Yeah, whatever... Having a climax soon became mundane and I worried that my lackadaisical approach to orgasms would be permanent.

I'm pleased to report that this indifference towards self-pleasure was short-lived: after a brief break, in which I abstained from wanking entirely, my normal twice (or thrice) daily appetite came back. Which is great of course, and somewhat of a relief really, because I had worried over what I would do for a past-time if my masturbation resulted in perfunctory tedium... So all's well that ends well, but there's only one down-side to having a box full of toys: the amount of watch batteries I tend to get through nowadays is hardly good for the environment, is it?

(My Top 5 sex toy recommendations are here for anyone who's interested - and a mini Q & A with me too.)



designed by one man