<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Info

About Me
Agent

Publicist

Subscribe: RSS for blog RSS for comments

Facebook icon and link Twitter icon and link Flickr icon and link Qik icon and link Dopplr icon and link
MySpace icon and link MyBlogLog icon and link Technorati icon and link Tumblr icon and link Blogger icon and link

friend me on Facebook
follow me on Twitter
view my photos on Flickr
watch my videos on Qik
find me on Dopplr
join my MySpace
check my MyBlogLog
my Technorati profile
view my Tumblr
my Blogger profile
Blog RSS feed
Comments RSS feed

Recent posts

Objectify
Blocked
Anonymity
Early
Bravery II
Bravery
Run
Talk
Wanted
FridayCities



Places to shop and visit

My Top 10 Toys - Women
My Top 10 Toys - Men
My Top 10 Toys - Couples
Fleshlight UK
Condoms
Durex's Ora!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Name 

"Look, I have to say, I know who you are."

"Sorry?"

The hotel receptionist grinned at me sheepishly. "You. I know about you."

"About me?" What might he know? That I'm so clumsy I always trip up on my feet (even when I am not in heels, or drunk)? That I usually end up with crumbs of food in my cleavage at the end of a meal? Or, perhaps, how I tend to burp rudely when I've drunk too much whisky of a night? What did he know?

He slowly nodded at me. "Yes, you, the book, everything."

"Oh." I bit my lip awkwardly, suddenly feeling uncomfortable as it dawned on me what he was saying. "Um, how come you know?"

"I recognised your name on the list we got from the TV festival!" he said, triumphantly.

"My name? But..."

"We read all the papers here. I knew I had seen your name somewhere before..."

"Oh. I see."

"So then the manager and I googled you," he continued, "and that's when it fitted into place. We read it all."

I groaned and hid my face in my hands. "You googled me?! So then you know everything?"

"Ach, don't worry: we've seen it all here. You're fine. In fact, I think what you do is wonderful."

Blushing, I lifted my head. "Thanks, I'm just, er, a bit thrown that you recognised my name."

"Well we always check the TV festival list to see if we have anyone important staying. I knew your name was familiar and I was right."

"Evidently." I shifted nervously in my heels and wondered how much of the blog he might have read - and what opinion he had reached about me from that.

"Anyway, I told my girlfriend that you were staying here and she was so excited: she has read your book three times and thinks it's brilliant."

"Really?"

"Really. She asked if you would sign her book, but she forgot to give it to me before I left for work this evening. She's so gutted!"

"Well, I've got some copies upstairs - I could sign one of those for her if you like."

"Would you?"

"Of course. It'd be a pleasure. I'll be back in two ticks."

I returned with the signed book a few moments later and handed it to him.

"She's going to be so happy about this: it'll really make her day."

"Well, hearing that she's read the book three times has really made my day, believe me."




designed by one man