<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Info

About Me
Agent

Publicist

Subscribe: RSS for blog RSS for comments

Facebook icon and link Twitter icon and link Flickr icon and link Qik icon and link Dopplr icon and link
MySpace icon and link MyBlogLog icon and link Technorati icon and link Tumblr icon and link Blogger icon and link

friend me on Facebook
follow me on Twitter
view my photos on Flickr
watch my videos on Qik
find me on Dopplr
join my MySpace
check my MyBlogLog
my Technorati profile
view my Tumblr
my Blogger profile
Blog RSS feed
Comments RSS feed

Recent posts

Celebrity
Oral
Occupied
Taxi
Affair
Hairless
Pants
Approach
Arse
Pray



Places to shop and visit

My Top 10 Toys - Women
My Top 10 Toys - Men
My Top 10 Toys - Couples
Fleshlight UK
Condoms
Durex's Ora!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Live 

“They’re all cunts” said the bloke next to me, as he gestured at the teenagers ahead of us who were ignorantly unimpressed by the brilliant performance of the support act Clor.

Both his friends went red-faced and nodded in my direction. “Oh sorry,” he said apologetically. “I forgot about present company”.

I laughed. “I think you’ll find pricks just as an effective word to use. It has a bit more meaning, don’t you think?”

He looked at me and nodded. “Yeah, pricks. That is a good word. They’re pricks, the lot of ‘em! Clor are fantastic!” We both grinned and turned back to watch the band.

With the man on my right still swearing, but now using a far more appropriate masculine put-down to insult the youths in the crowd, I pondered whether life would be less sexist if it were as easy to convince men to change their behaviour as it was to get them to alter their language. It had after all been relatively simple to get him to stop using the word cunt; maybe he could be taught not to stare at women’s tits just as easily?

Not that I think by the end of this night, I managed to influence this man to challenge any sexism he might have, but I’m sure I made him see a different, female perspective – which is a good thing. I suppose it’s not that frequent for a man to be confronted by a woman telling him that she liked the shape of the lead singer of Maximo Park’s arse. I like to think the puzzled expression on his face when I told him that, showed some empathic understanding.

Though it might have just been shock; the silence that confronted me when I said I hoped Paul Smith’s tightly-fitted trousers might rip when he jumped in the air and did the splits, said a lot. Clearly the swearing bloke was unable to grasp the idea that women might sexually objectify and enjoy visual stimulation just as much as men; he might have benefited from a healthy intellectual debate about it.

But I was busy watching the guitarist passionately playing his instrument and imagining how well his digital dexterity would translate in bed, so I didn’t attempt to debate the merits of the portrayal of men’s sexuality via women’s fantasy with him.

Occasionally you see, politics does have to take a back seat to more important things in life. Like, for example, my making a mental note to make sure I ask whether a man has the ability to play an instrument next time I am on a date; a new factor on my must-have list and one that needs to be given priority.

Even if its just because it would give me a nice visual image of him using those same hands to play with himself: a bonus in my opinion.


designed by one man