<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Info

About Me
Agent

Publicist

Subscribe: RSS for blog RSS for comments

Facebook icon and link Twitter icon and link Flickr icon and link Qik icon and link Dopplr icon and link
MySpace icon and link MyBlogLog icon and link Technorati icon and link Tumblr icon and link Blogger icon and link

friend me on Facebook
follow me on Twitter
view my photos on Flickr
watch my videos on Qik
find me on Dopplr
join my MySpace
check my MyBlogLog
my Technorati profile
view my Tumblr
my Blogger profile
Blog RSS feed
Comments RSS feed

Recent posts

Vid
24
Quake
Blogging
Mayor
Hungary
Budapest
Vote
Churnalism
Cyber



Places to shop and visit

My Top 10 Toys - Women
My Top 10 Toys - Men
My Top 10 Toys - Couples
Fleshlight UK
Condoms
Durex's Ora!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Exposed 

Before any more people ask me if I’ve seen it, yes, I have read ex-Gawker blogger Emily Gould’s piece in the New York Times about the impact blogging had on her life. And yes, I did relate, somewhat.

I’ve been quoted in response to the NYT article as saying, ‘There still seems a long way to go before people grasp how revealing so much personal detail about themselves can have a permanent impact’, which makes it sound like I
m suggesting blogging is inherently negative; it's not. I may have some discomfort regarding my own naivety about divulging so many details of my own personal life which have been –and still are– on display on this blog; but I’m not filled with regret that I did. In terms of sexblogging, I think that the more people who write openly and honestly about sex –without apologising for doing so– the better, because that will help to remove some of the stigma, embarrassment and shame around the subject, which, in my opinion, weve still some way to go in challenging.

The rest of my quote continued, ‘...but technology has changed the way people interact, in many positive ways, and its ability to connect people with others has meant it will become integral to modern communication in the future’, and I fully believe this. So I
m in agreement with Jeff Jarvis that ‘...the benefits of publicness [of blogging] will outweigh the negatives. The internet is making us more social. And our mutually assured humiliation may make us more forgiving.’

I certainly hope so.

designed by one man